Welcome! Congratulations – you’ve discovered the best and most established mountain bike club in Glasgow, sponsored by Marina Cycles. Riding since 1987, we’ve grown to become one of the largest active MTB clubs in the country.
The club has a diverse membership; young and old, men & women, those who like to race, those who like a sociable ride, those who like exploring beyond the trail centre. One thing that we all have in common is a passion for all things cycling. With such a broad membership the types of riding the club gets involved with varies from general cross country riding, to all-mountain epics, from racing (XC, enduro, marathons, CX) to social & pub rides and even road & track cycling !!
What’s the club like?
- Why not come along and find out firsthand? There’s no need to be a paid up member to try a few rides with us.
- If you’re new to mountain biking then the club is a welcoming environment for you to take your first steps in a new sport where you’ll be supported by experienced riders
- If you’re an experienced rider then you’ll also find like-minded individuals keen on pushing their riding on
- If you’ve not ridden with the club for a while then why not come back and see how it’s developed in the last few years? We think you’ll like what you see
- If you’re still undecided then watch our TV appearance on STV Glasgow’s Riverside Show to get an idea of why people enjoy riding with the club:
Why join GMBC?
If you want to get fitter, improve your mountain biking technique, learn new skills like bike maintenance, have the chance to explore some amazing parts of the country and have a great time with friendly & enthusiastic clubmates then this is the club for you!
Behind all this you’ll find a supportive Committee & an amazing bike shop (Marina Cycles) working hard for the members’ benefit and aiming to bring you the best mountain biking club experience you’ll find anywhere!
You can read more of the specific benefits here: http://www.gmbc.org.uk/membership/
Where do you meet up?
At Gavin’s Mill Community Hub in Milngavie, here:
If this sounds like the sort of club you’d want to be a part of then please either contact us at
info[AT]gmbc.org.uk or through our public Facebook page and come and join us for a bike ride.