Please see the calendar event for more details, including links to the Agenda & 2019 AGM Minutes. It is being held online this year due to Covid restrictions.
Good news people, as we see lockdown rules easing, we are in a position to undertake group rides again.
We expect there will be a number of people raring to go on these, so we have agreed on the following approach to allow this to happen. This is following a review of the risks and is in line with current guidance being issued to sports clubs in Scotland
- Do not come to a group ride if you have any symptoms which could be related to COVID-19
- 2m physical distancing should be in place outside of the ride
- The ride must leave at the time stated to limit unnecessary congregation time
- Current guidance states a maximum of 30 riders in a group applies however in line with our normal approach to group rides, and to minimise risks, we would suggest a maximum group size of 8-10 individuals.
- If more than 8-10 individuals turn up it is suggested to split the ride into suitably sized groups whilst avoiding contact between groups at the start, finish and during the ride. Ideally, start and finish times should be staggered to facilitate this.
- A ride co-ordinator must be allocated for each activity. This will be the first person to post up the activity. As such please familiarise yourself with the requirements and be prepared to take responsibility when organising any activity. The key necessity is to ensure you have the names and contact details of those people on the ride.
- When planning a route avoid pinch points like known fallen trees or gates where riders may congregate. On routes which do involve gates, the first person to arrive at it should open it and let everyone through before joining the back of the group.
- Avoid frequent stops where possible and if required to stop then ensure this is in an open space where physical distancing can be maintained.
- The clubhouse remains unavailable after rides so there will be no bike washing facilities for the time being
- It remains more important than usual to be self-sufficient. This means a well maintained bike, lights, and all the tools, clothes and spares you are likely to need, and being prepared to find a way of getting home independently in all but the most unlikely of circumstances.
– Have fun!
Your GMBC Committee
From Luke (GMBC Chairman)
In line with the recent COVID-19 advice:
We are trying to do our bit, and as such the committee has made the difficult decision that we won’t be organising any group rides as a club until this advice changes. This includes Wednesday night rides. I hope you manage to keep getting out, keep the fitness and skills up for when we can ride together again.
I’d recommend for those who might be doing more solo efforts to feel free to ask here for routes, or download Trailforks or similar to help you find the, er, trails.Hopefully we’ll still be allowed out solo/in household groups for the forseeable future, I’m sure you’re all capable of deciding how to behave outside of club activities to get us through this with minimal impact.
This isn’t a great bit of news, but I’m sure with enough YouTube Shreddits and chat on here we’ll make it through even if we get into a full lockdown.
From Luke (GMBC Chairman)
It’s (finally) that time of year again to put about half the cost of a tyre towards the running of the club. This will enable us to provide a number of benefits. I won’t try to list them all, but for this year we have a few things planned:
– Social Wednesday rides mixing all of us together.
– Weekends away.
– An actual club BBQ in an exclusive rural location.
– Insane amounts of local trail knowledge
– “fantastic” “chat” during all sanctioned club rides.
Please use the web collect as normal. As we have had delays this year, the deadline for discounted £20 membership is the end of March.
Cheers on behalf of the committee
Go to webcollect.org.uk/gmbc and follow these instructions:
- Create a WebCollect login (click “sign in or sign up”)
- If you’ve never had a subscription before click “Browse Subscriptions”. If you have been a member before then click “Renew/Manage Subscriptions” and choose the membership applicable to you