Hi, here are the documents for the AGM this Wednesday instead of a ride (up at the club hall, refreshments available, open to all but voting rights only for current club members);
Hi. Who’s out for the 7pm Intro ride this week?
It’s that time of year again when the weather turns sour that we decide to host our AGM. It gives you an excuse to be out of the rain and come and see what’s been happening in your club. It kicks off at 7.30pm at the Bearsden Milngavie Sports Club bar area upstairs.
What is the purpose of an AGM you ask?
- It’s to allow club members to hear/see reports from the committee on the achievements and work of the club over the year.
- For members to elect the committee for next year.
- If required, to make changes to the club constitution.
It’s to give you, the paying club members an insight to what’s been going on and to have your say about what happens in the future. It’s a very worthwhile event and it normally lasts the length of a summers evening club ride. There will be refreshments, some snacks and a wee prize draw for the attendees.
It’s not mandatory attendance but it’s only one evening out of the year. As it’s on a Wednesday night which is our busiest evenings for club rides, I’m assuming we’ll be filled to capacity (hopefully). There’s normally a bunch who head out earlier that evening for a club ride and finish at the AGM, so keep an eye on social media posts nearer the time for those updates.
Looking forward to seeing you then.
FYI, Ramsay at Trailcoach is running kids MTB coaching sessions during next week. More details can be found on the Trailcoach website, here;
Fill in this form to reserve your place for the GMBC Christmas Night Out at Bibi’s Mexican Cantina – 8th December:
£25 for 4 course meal plus first drink. Limited to 25 people (paid up club members only). This form will be open for a few weeks and we’ll follow up with a WebCollect event to manage payments.
More event details here:
Tina posted on Facebook a few weeks back looking for a show of hands for this trip. Some folk have confirmed and some are a maybe for now, the good new is; we have enough to officially call it a party weekend! This post is for the details of accommodation, prices and how to pay. We have provisionally booked the hostel for the Friday, Saturday & Sunday night, but it’s only being held for a limited time.
We need you to confirm how may nights you’ll be staying and payment by Monday 1st October – please no later!
Accommodation – Windermere Youth Hostel, single gender shared dorms – see here for more info https://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/yha-windermere
Costs – Friday £27, Saturday £27, Sunday £12 (this includes a £9 discount per person as the club has a YHA membership). So, £54 if staying Fri/Sat, £66 if staying all 3 nights.
Riding – There will be different rides to suit all levels and abilities. More on this nearer the time, but it’ll be one hell of a great weekend…Tina has guaranteed it or your money back!*
How to book – fill in this form:
How to pay – To make this as simple as possible for everyone, we have decided to not use Webcollect and ask you to pay directly into the club bank account. It’s the same account number and sort code you would have paid your membership fee to but here it is again.
Account # – 00875203, Sort Code – 80-07-24. Please use Tina40 as the reference so we can cross reference the payment.
Remember – payment no later that Monday 1st October please – we need to pay the hostel in full shortly after this date. Any payments or bookings after this date, will need to be done directly with the hostel and you may not be eligible for the £9 discount from the YHA Club Membership, so get booked up ASAP!
I’ll copy this link to Facebook so we don’t miss anyone out. Enjoy your trip!
*refund applications are filed in the bin 😉
Get it in your calendars!! Saturday 8th December, Bibi’s Mexican Cantina in Partick. Time TBC.
4 course Christmas menu – £25 per head (incl first drink and 10% service charge). This doesn’t include any subsequent drinks (they have a license and you a free to spend as much, or as little, as you like on festive drinks).
The Small Print:
- For paid up club members only.
- Bibi’s advised they are limited to 25 people so we’ll start a waiting list if we exceed 25 reservations. If we can extend the reservation with Bibi’s then we’ll take names from the waiting list.
- Reservations will be taken via an online sign up form, on a first come first served basis. The link to the reservation form will be published on the website within the next week.
- A few weeks after the reservations are taken we’ll collect payments via the WebCollect site and you’ll be able to make your menu selections.
- If you don’t pay for your place by the deadline (date TBC, which will be stated clearly on the sign up form) it will be offered to the next person on the waiting list.
- If you need to cancel your place after you’ve paid for it and we can fill your place with someone from the waiting list then you’ll get your money back. If we don’t have anyone to take your place then it will depend on Bibi’s cancellation policy.
We’re looking for your input to a Scottish Cycling workshop where they will be consulting on their 2019 – 2023 strategy. As we’re an affiliated club, two GMBC committee members will be be attending one of the workshops later this week where cycling clubs will be invited to share their thoughts on what can the governing body can do to develop the sport.
There was a survey issued to collect comments but it’s closed now. If you didn’t complete the survey, or didn’t even know about it but want to have some input then now’s your chance. Perhaps consider;
- what they are doing well & should continue
- what they could do better at
- anything they should focus on
- what do you think the sport’s governing body should be doing to promote cycling (in all it’s varieties)
For reference, here is the page where Scottish Cycling publicised their strategy review. Please have a read and send us your thoughts.
Please send your feedback to info[AT]gmbc[DOT]org[DOT]uk before 4pm on Thursday 23-Aug
There’s some cycling events on as part of the Glasgow 2018 European Games. Please note the time trial event on 08-Aug may cause traffic disruption on the roads near the club hall (although the event is due to finish by 3:15pm) so perhaps consider the train or cycling out from the city. At this point, the 7pm Intro Ride will still be on.