This coming Sunday (08-April) is path maintenance session #2. We need as many folks as possible. The plan is to work on Riverside again. It’s a popular path and some sections aren’t holding up well so the Ranger has suggested some repair work on the wider, muddy sections. This means we need quite a few bodies to complete it on the day so if you’re free please put yourself forward, even if you can only attend for a few hours.
The day’s work is planned from 10am to approx 3pm. Meet at the boulders on Khyber Road.
If you want to join this session then please email info[AT]gmbc[DOT]org[DOT]uk so we can plan the work etc.
Hi. For anyone coming along to tomorrow’s trail maintenance session, we’ll be meeting at the boulders on the WHW at Khyber Road to do some work on the WHW and Riverside. Please remember the clocks go forward on Sunday so the 10am start time might feel a bit earlier than normal.
We’re planning 2 dates for trail maintenance within Mugdock Country Park this Spring and we’re looking for volunteers to help out. The dates are Sunday 25-Mar and Sunday 08-Apr. If you want to join the session then please email info[AT]gmbc[DOT]org[DOT]uk so we can plan the work. More details about the work will follow shortly.
Forecast is for cold and dry tonight so I’ll be up at the hall about 7pm for a local ride – any takers?
Please note that it’s the club’s AGM on Wednesday 29th Nov (arrive 7pm for 7:30pm start).
- To submit any points for the AGM agenda then please email info[AT]gmbc[DOT]org[DOT]uk by Monday 20th Nov.
- A finalised agenda and previous AGM minutes will be made available before the 2017 AGM (hopefully by 22nd Nov).
Currently the plan is to host the AGM in the lounge area upstairs at the sports club and as per previous years, there will be some light refreshments available as well as the famous GMBC AGM prize draw.
It’s YOUR club so we encourage everyone to participate in the AGM so you can have your say about what’s working well and what we can do to make the club better for its members. Hope to see you there.
Graham (GMBC Chairman, on behalf of the Committee)
GMBC Christmas Party Night
It’s open to club members and a partner. Booking details and menu options are available on our WebCollect site:
Is the club going to produce a calendar again for 2018?
Posted by Barry on FB. Saturday 28th Oct, from 7:30pm onwards in Coopers pub on Great Western Road.
All welcome; whether you’re a GMBC member or not, come along, say “Hi” and enjoy some banter.
It’s only a few weeks to the club’s 30th anniversary weekend away! There’s still some spaces left for the trip. The hostel is in a great location in the Trossachs, surrounded by lochs and mountains and some great biking for all abilities. The Trossachs Tryst hostel has been renovated since our last visit with a new kitchen and bathroom facilities and it still has the great indoor and outdoor space to host our weekend.
Apart from some great rides and plenty of laughs, what can you expect from the weekend away? Here’s a rough plan:
Friday 18th – The Starters
- Arrive at hostel from 4pm onwards – don’t turn up early – you won’t get access
- Meals: local food at the Lade Inn pub or make use of the new kitchen to prepare your own
- Events: possible short, non-techy evening ride up nearby Ben Gullipen, start time TBC (hopefully at the top in time for sunset), socialising in the hostel
Saturday 19th – The Main Course
- 10am – local rides depart
- Ride Option 1: Angus – techy
- Ride Option 2: Graham – mix of trails, some tech, some fireroad, looking for distance and scenery
- Ride Option 3: TBC – if there’s any interest in this option then we’ll need a volunteer to host it – an easy ride, focus on chilling out and social
- Rides aim to return 3-4pm, after that it’s the afternoon/evening entertainment, including:
- team competitions
- fantastic GMBC BBQ
- the (in)famous GMBC Big Fat 30th Anniversary Quiz
- prize giving/awards ceremony & cake