- ….. you had a free evening AND the weather was dry – hallelujah!!
- you turned up to find out you’re the only one riding on a dry, winter’s night
- you had a mechanical before you even left the car park
- the mud and puddles weren’t quite frozen despite it being just below freezing
- your front mech froze (yes I still use a front mech!) during the ride leaving you on the granny ring but you’re unfit so you were never out of the granny ring anyway
- it felt like -20 when it was only -2
- you lost the feeling in your toes half way round your route
- you had the trails to yourself and the fellow bikers you met were friendly and enjoying themselves
- you got back and noticed the mud had frozen onto the bike and it’s set like concrete
- you kept the heating off in the car on the way home so the frozen mud didn’t melt and create a swamp in the car boot
- you got home and felt happy that you made the effort and had another winter ride to remember.
Last night was one of those nights when…
Bookmark the permalink.