The club has booked a bunkhouse on Arran for a weekend away in September. The riding on Arran is fantastic but it’s hard to get good quality accommodation so don’t miss the chance. There are 14 places for club members, check the calender entry for details:
Just a reminder, the forecast is looking pretty good for Saturday so if you’re after excellent trails with snow capped mountains in the background look no further:
Anyone else going out for the 7pm ride tonight? Forecast is supposed to be showers and clear spells so we might be lucky and get some nice views.
Miserable weather and snow piled up didn’t deter nine hardy GMBCers from this ride today. The biting northerly wind kept the faff to a minimum and we managed to get off riding from Birnam just after 10. Continue reading
Just a reminder for this Saturday’s ride from Dunkeld. The weather forecast looks passable at the moment.
For more info see here:
I’m planning a trip down on Saturday, anyone fancy a change from mud plugging at Mudgdock?
The bunkhouse is booked up for four days of riding in the Cairngorms at Easter. Get the OS maps out and start planning.
There are three spaces available – a bargain at £15 a night:
Post up or get in touch if you want a place.
I’ve provisionally booked a bunkhouse for Braemar at Easter. It will be a great trip so if you’re interested in going please read the calender entry:
I have to confirm the booking next week so hurry.
Anyone fancy a trip down to Glentress tomorrow? The forecast looks a lot better down in the borders than elsewhere.
As a bit of a challenge and Strathpuffer training me and Robin decided to tackle the Rob Roy Way (http://www.robroyway.com/ ) in a one-er. It seemed possible – 124km of mostly good tracks from Drymen up through the Trossachs and Bredalbane. The target was the 8:30pm train home from the finish in Pitlochry. Cheap advanced tickets were confidently purchased. We planned for a 7am start in Drymen so it would involve quite a bit of riding in the dark.
We needed to average around 11km/h including breaks to make it comfortably. A lot of the route is on good tracks, using parts of national cycle network and minor roads so this seemed like no problem. We both had an eye on the deteriorating weather forecast from a few days in advance. First it was meant to be windy and showery. Then very wet and windy. Then very wet and windy followed by heavy snow. Naturally we dismissed the amber weather warnings and decided it probably wouldn’t be that bad. Continue reading